The Annual Red Sled Holiday Bazaar is November 9, 2013. It is held at Ogden Avenue Elementary and is fun for the whole family! The Holiday Bazaar includes Crafters, Bake Table, Pictures with Santa, Candy Cane Lane for the kids, a Cafe for lunch and the Raffle. Sponsored by the PTC, all money raised benefits our Ogden students. It is one of our biggest fundraisers and we count on all Ogden Parents to make it a success. Please consider volunteering, baking, purchasing raffle tickets and of course attending! Don't miss this beloved community event.
There are over 70 plus artisans and crafters which is one of the reasons why this is a much sought after event. The wide variety of collectibles and designs make it a great place to find that special gift for the up-coming holiday season. Jewelry, Clothing, Home Decor, Pottery, Knits, Stained Glass, Toys, Woodworking are just a sampling of the many creative individuals present at the show. New Crafters are added each year and this year is no exception!
Click here for the Crafter Application for the 2013 Red Sled, November 9, 2013.
The Red Sled Raffle is a favorite among Ogden Families and Students as well as the community members attending the Red Sled Holiday Bazaar!
Tickets are available and can be downloaded from the website. Tickets and payment can be returned to the office before November 9th or can be brought to the Red Sled.
We're still seeking monetary donations from parents to make all these amazing prizes possible! We are daily receving Sponsorships from local businesses and hope that you too would consider sponsoring the Raffle. It's a great way to show support for our students while promoting your business.
To see our wonderful Prize Packages, click on Raffle above. We encourage you to sell tickets to neighbors, extended family members, friends and coworkers. Anyone can win!
Any Questions, contact Laura Attebery.
Do you want that Holiday picture with Santa? Well Santa is coming to town!!!!. Stop by the Red Sled and have your child’s picture taken with Santa. A photographer will be available to take pictures between 10:00am to 11:30 and from 12 Noon to 1:30pm.
Stop by and enjoy delicious fresh baked breads, and cakes donated by our Ogden community. Freshly baked scones, muffins and cookies are ideal for your breakfast or dinner table, wrapped in festive holiday gift wrap. Enjoy lunch or coffee at our café while you continue to shop.
Calling all parents to bake! The Bake Table is 100% profit for the Red Sled. Please consider baking or purchasing baked goods.
Candy Cane Lane
Candy Cane Lane has games, crafts, and fun activities for the children. Make a beautiful painted ornament! There are lots of prizes, prizes, prizes! Fun for all kids!
The Red Sled is an annual, one day Fundraising event, hosted by the Parent Teacher Organization of Ogden Avenue School in LaGrange. This is the 33rd year of the event, facilitating many different types of crafters. It is heavily promoted in the community of LaGrange and surrounding suburbs. The tables are juried and different types of crafts are encouraged. We want to bring a different experience to our community each year.
Crafters love participating in the Red Sled and we know why:
Applications for 2012 will be accepted starting November 5, 2011, the day of Red Sled. Please check the floor plan before requesting your table number.
A preliminary confirmation letter will be sent out in February for all applications submitted by December 31. Applications received after December 31 will be sent a preliminary confirmation in June, prior to Summer Vacation. Final details - table assignments and 'day of' instructions - will be issued in late September.
|The Red Sled
Ogden Avenue School Holiday Bazaar
501 W. Ogden Ave.
La Grange, IL 60525
|Note: First time applicants must submit pictures of their items with the application in order for it to be considered.|
Contact: Laura Attebery
Our 33rd Annual Red Sled will be held on Saturday, November 10, 2012 from 9:00am – 3:00pm. Set up time begins no earlier than 6:30am.
Vendor’s Fees are as follows:
Crafter Space: For an 8’ x 4’ area:
--$100 with table
--$90 if you provide table
--Ogden Parents/Grandparents: $90 with table, $80 if you provide table (NOTE: you must currently have a child or grandchild attending Ogden to qualify for the reduced fee). .
--PLUS: $10.00 refundable parking deposit per crafter.
NOTE: Crafter/Vendor fees are non-refundable upon acceptance.
As you know, SPACES FOR THIS SHOW FILL VERY QUICKLY!!
Table assignments will be on a first come, first served basis only. If you want a table next to another vendor, the applications must be submitted together. We will do our very best to honor any special requests, but cannot make any guarantees.
Red Sled is a juried show for handmade items. No food items or baked goods are accepted. First time applicants must submit pictures of their items with the application in order for it to be considered.
• Limit of 2 tables per crafter. To allow for a diverse variety of items, each crafter will be limited to no more than 2 tables, whether together or separate. Any craft is subject to a limit, to ensure a balanced variety for our patrons and crafters.
• We are going to limit the number of jewelry crafters, the exact number has not yet been determined, so get your jewelry applications in early.
• Please make sure to provide an e-mail address. If we have your email address, all communication will be provided through that medium - no hard copies will be issued. (These are for our use only, we don’t share your information.)
• Table assignments will be on a first come, first served basis only. If you want a table next to another vendor, the applications must be submitted together. We will do our very best to honor any special requests, but cannot make any guarantees.
• Special requests should be noted every year, even if you are a repeat vendor. Our Red Sled Committee Chairs are volunteers and the positions are filled on a revolving basis.
• To qualify for the “Ogden Parent” discount, you must have a CURRENT student at Ogden. Living in the district does not count.
• Because this is a fundraiser for our school, cancellations will NOT receive a refund of application fees after application has been accepted. Parking deposit can be refunded as long as we are notified by September 30th. After that date, the crafter will need to follow the regular parking procedures on the day of the event.
• In an effort to provide convenient parking for our many customers, we are requiring a $10.00 refundable parking deposit from each crafter. Your deposit will be refunded to you only if you relocate your car to our reserve parking lot at Park Jr. High, which is located two blocks west of Ogden School. For individual crafters, we will have volunteers available to staff your table while you move your vehicle.
Red Sled etiquette includes the following:
--All items that are sold must be handmade
--Absolutely no resale or baked goods, please
--All of your wares, whether they are displayed on screens or on tables, must fit WITHIN the 8’ x 4’ space provided
--All tables should be covered with some type of cloth, to present a more sophisticated look.
--If you bring your own table, it cannot be larger than 8’ x 2’ 6”
--The ends of tables and rows may not be blocked by screens, boxes or other obtrusive materials. This is for the safety of the crafters and the safety of the customers.
In an effort to provide convenient parking for our many customers, we are requiring a $10.00 refundable parking deposit from each crafter. Your deposit will be refunded to you only if you relocate your car to our reserve parking lot at Park Jr. High, which is located two blocks west of Ogden School. For individual crafters, we will have volunteers available to staff your table while you move your vehicle. If you have any questions, please contact Teresa Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact Ogden School - the staff there will not be able to give you any information.
The Red Sled Bake Table Needs Your Help!
Please bake and donate your favorite family treats. Best Sellers: cakes, pies, breads, brownies, bars, and cookies. Favorite Specialty Treats: chocolate-covered pretzels, fudge, toffee and individual breakfast items. Don't be afraid of using nuts, just LABEL them. Bake Sale Table is 100% Profit for Ogden School!
Drop off labeled items on Friday, November 9th during school in the kitchen or after school until 8:00pm in the classroom across from the office. Questions, contact Lyn Wehling at 708.579.5990 or , or Lynn Schwaab at 708.482.7728 or email@example.com.