As a room parent, you serve in a vital capacity as a communication link to the parents of the children in your classroom, your neighbors and the community as a whole. Several tasks that fall within this role include the following:
Welcoming New Ogden Families
- Provide information about Ogden’s PTC, and upcoming events sponsored by the school.
- Extend an invitation to participate within the structure of the school and the PTC.
- Refer all questions you can’t answer to the PTC President or the principal.
Reporting Volunteer Interest
- Report names of parents interested in volunteering to the appropriate PTC committee chairperson or the PTC volunteer coordinator.
Assisting PTC Hospitality Coordinators
- Assist PTC Hospitality Coordinators in welcoming new parents and introducing them to other parents.